Welcome to Sir Martin Gilbert's website, a celebration of his life and his work, his passion, his philosophy, his favourite haunts, his humour and his humanity.
The official biographer of Winston Churchill and a leading historian on the Twentieth Century, Sir Martin is a scholar and an historian who, through his 88 books, has shown there is such a thing as “true history”.
- WARHAMMER Lord of the Rings LOTR Figurines Figures Bundle Job Lot x16 Pieces
- Wood Base 1-Cylinder Free Piston Stirling Engine Model Toy Adjustable Speed
- Jellycat Palomino Pony Soft Toy Caffuffle Plush Stuffed Horse Tan Beige Foal 13
- RARE WENTWORTH 250 'SALLY-B,THE UK'S LAST REMAINING B-17 FLYING FORTRESS'
- Kings Models 1 43 1953 Ferrari 166 Porto Alegre GP Winner Henrique Casini
- BDC22 BRITISH ROYAL NAVY BB HMS VANGUARD BATTLESHIP 1 1250 NEW WAR ATLAS
- Carrera Shell Porsche 917K hr Le Mans 1 32 Scale Slot Car 27569
Photo: Sir Martin on the beach at Normandy, describing the invasion, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. The Allied landing in 1944 might have ended in disaster. Winston Churchill thought he would be woken up to be told of massive casualties. G...
OFFER A10217S300 CITROEN DS3 WRC RALLY PORTUGAL'S SCALEXTRIC 1 32 newCarrera Digital 132 30549 Lola T222 Orwell Supersports Cup No.4 NewScalextric ford sierra champions of rallys collectionSRC DIAMOND EDITION FERRARI 312 1979 ITALIAN CAR SLOT RACING COMPANY 02207 UKRead more >>
Micro Scalextric PRO STREET SPEED SET Excellent working condition
Photo: Sir Martin, describing the preparations for the Normandy Landings, May 2003. Photo © Bernie Pucker, with thanks to Liz Burgess. Patrick Kidd, in The Times on April 29,Carrera Digital 132 30626 Ferrari 150° Italia Fernando Alonso, No. 5 Nip writes of the tragedy of the Slapton Sands rehearsal for the D-Day landings:Read more >>
- Fly Corvette C5 Cabrio Yellow A562 New brand new
SCX 6089 MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 7 Scalextric (Tecnitoys) New New 1 32
Photo: Martin and Max, consulting the map of their journey, June 2003 Max Arthur, OBE 25 February 1939 – 2 May 2019 It began at a cafe in Hampstead though by the time I got to know them, their friendship was already close. Two historians of the twentieth century, fo...Read more >>
Sir Martin's eBooks
Churchill: The Power of Words
Qq 88250 FLY FERRARI 250 GTO TARGA FLORIO '64 NORINDER - TROBERGCarrera Evolution 27451 Ford Mustang GT no. 67 NIP